Francis Rochford Pty Ltd comprises two separate but aligned businesses within the same industry: Rain & Lucky School of Dance, and International Ballet Workshops.
Purpose of Rain & Lucky School of Dance
Rain & Lucky is a dance school absolutely committed to sharing the love of our beautiful art form. We believe in teaching dance to the highest technical standards in a loving, positive and uplifting environment. We strive to foster creativity, imagination and self-expression, and to ensure all our students feel supported, confident and happy in every lesson. Our priority is to for each student to be inspired, nurtured and exhilarated by the joy of learning to dance.
At Rain & Lucky, we believe that the benefits of learning to dance extend far beyond the steps themselves. Dance has the power to develop strong, grounded, confident and compassionate people; and the life skills and qualities fostered in dance class can enhance all areas of life well into the future.
Purpose of International Ballet Workshops
International Ballet Workshops brings elite classical ballet teachers to Australia and New Zealand for school holiday teaching tours, twice yearly. We are committed to creating opportunities for young ballet dancers wishing to explore and pursue professional careers in ballet, and do this by exposing them to some of the world's most prestigious, experienced and inspirational teachers. Australia has a comparatively high level of ballet training, but because of our geographical location, opportunities for our talented dancers are often limited. International Ballet Workshops aims to remove those limitations by creating connections and concrete opportunities, as well as fostering inspiration and the wealth of knowledge that comes from experiencing a wide-range of teachers.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a brilliant and committed Operations & Marketing Assistant who is passionate about their work, diligent, creative, extremely reliable, an outstanding communicator and a dedicated team player. In this role, you will support Founder & Director Rain Francis to simultaneously achieve the visions of both Rain & Lucky School of Dance and International Ballet Workshops by coordinating many aspects of these two rapidly-growing businesses within the same industry.
Outcomes and how your success will be managed
The Operations & Marketing Assistant will use their organisational talents and creativity to assist internal operations for both businesses in running smoothly and effectively, with ease and grace. You are bringing your talents and skills to a company who strives to empower young people to thrive both in the dance studio and well into their futures. You will work one on one with the Director to ensure specific operations including internal and external marketing run with consistency and to schedule. This includes attending regular team meetings and mentoring sessions.
A typical day...
In this role you will undertake a wide variety of tasks both ongoing and seasonal, including:
- Delight both existing and potential clients and exceed their expectations with above and beyond service and communication: Manage email inboxes in a friendly and timely manner; manage and follow-up student invoices; answer questions relating to both businesses, with the intention of enrolling prospective students
- Collaborate on strategic marketing plans and ideas for in-house and external events, and assist with the execution of marketing, including designing and creating images for social media and other advertisements
- Assist with live event planning and management, including internal studio showings and external productions, coordinating details such as venue/equipment hire, ticket sales, measuring students for costumes and ordering costumes
- Assist with writing and coordinating media releases, articles and EDMs. Proof, format and upload newsletters and blog posts
- Execute basic website content tweaks and updates as required
- Coordinate and document complex travel itineraries for multiple-teacher tours, including accommodation booking, flight booking (liasing with our travel agent) other travel details
- Manage and update social media, including coordinating giveaways and other promotions
- Assist with design and production of seasonal merchandise
- Liase and interact with children and families on a regular basis
- Coordinate large mailouts of seasonal merchandise and marketing
- Upkeep general administration and errands as required
Attributes for success
We are seeking a team member who is motivated, excited by variety and ready to dive in wholeheartedly. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate that you have:
- A true desire to serve. Part of our mission is to make life easier for parents of dancers, and to create an community that both dancers and families feel privileged and excited to be a part of. Your role is an essential part of the experience to help our clients feel supported, valued and a cherished member of our community. You understand that service, clients and their care are highest priority. You always want people – no matter who they are – to have the best experience. This includes anticipating their needs and brining a healthy dose of 'wow factor' to your interactions with clients. We aim to put a smile on our clients' faces and a sparkle in their eyes.
- Creativity. You enjoy the opportunity to use your imagination and sense of fun to devise, design and produce various marketing elements and other in-house studio assets. This is a job with huge variety and your creativity will be put to good use in a wide range of applications.
- A passion for excellence. You go above and beyond on tasks and hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in every project you take on. You are able to identify gaps and work quickly to resolve them.
- Initiative. You have a strong ability to figure things out and think creatively to solve problems independently. In a small business, we must act swiftly and address challenges head-on – your ability to think quickly and make magic happen will be essential.
- An eye for detail. Being able to see that every t is crossed and i is dotted will be one of your best assets, ensuring a consistent and seamless experience across all projects.
- Time management skills. When running a small business, priorities change all the time. We need someone who is able to keep an eye on the big picture whilst creating order to ensure consistent, on-time delivery of tasks and projects. You are super productive and a powerful planner. When deadlines approach, you rise to meet them.
- Fast tech learner. We use a variety of tech integrations and will ask you to get up to speed quickly to use them.
- Fabulous communication skills. You are fabulous at maintaining relationships and excel at keeping in contact with people. You take personal responsibility for your actions and pride yourself on your integrity. You are kind, enthusiastic, exude warmth and find it easy to connect with people. You understand that you will be interacting with children regularly and are confident in your ability to relate to them with compassion at all times. Our greatest measure of success is client retention and you understand that preserving and cherishing the relationships we have with our clients is top priority.
- Sales and/or graphic design skills – these are not essential but would be a massive bonus!
Start date: Flexible/In the coming month
Hours per week: Currently 10 – soon to increase as we move into a new premises
Location: Currently Fitzroy North – soon to move to Fairfield
Rate: Casual Award Rates: Clerk (Private Sector)
Our company is growing quickly and we're looking for long-term contracted team members who are passionate about growing with us. The role is currently casual and part-time but can quickly move to more hours for the right person. Opportunities for growth are available depending on performance and results. A three-month trial period of casual employment will apply, to ensure a good long-term fit for both parties.
If this feels like an opportunity that would make your heart sing, please complete the following steps.
1. Complete the application form found at this link.
2. Write a two page Google doc addressing how you meet the selection criteria above and include the link within the application form.
Applications close 4th June, 2018.