"WOW! Thank you so much for the most amazing 3 days! I have learnt so much and have enjoyed this amazing experience! I'm so grateful for this opportunity. These 3 days I will remember for the rest of my life!” – Lucy, IBW 2017
International Ballet Workshops is a twice-yearly workshop series which brings elite ballet teachers to Australia and New Zealand. Register now for the Winter 2018 "Classics to Contemporary" Series, with international teachers Nadia Thompson, Riccardo de Nigris, Jan Gonscak and Lily Bones.
PERTH: JULY 1-3, 2018 at The Perth School of Ballet
MELBOURNE: JULY 6-8, 2018 at Melbourne Academy of the Arts
BRISBANE: JULY 11-13, 2018 at Australian Dance Performance Institute
SYDNEY: JULY 16-18, 2018 at Conlan College
AUCKLAND: JULY 20-22, 2018 at Dance 24Seven
THEME: CLASSICS TO CONTEMPORARY
Classes include: Ballet, Contemporary, Boys' Coaching, Repertoire, Choreography.
International Guest Teacher (for Perth, Melbourne & Brisbane): Nadia Thomson, Co-Director & Ballet Master, Ballet Hagen (Germany). Supporting International Guest Teachers: Lily Bones & Jan Gonscak (Slovakia).
International Guest Teachers (for Sydney and Auckland): Nadia Thomson, Co-Director & Ballet Master, Ballet Hagen (Germany) AND Riccardo De Nigris, House Choreographer & Dancer, Ballet Augsburg, (Germany).
Rewards and opportunities:
- A week of company classes in Ballet Hagen, Germany
- Personal introductions to choreographers and directors throughout Europe and the States
- A personal, choreographed solo for use in a competition such as YAGP
- A chance to attend the summer workshop at Hinsdale Dance Academy in Chicago, Illinois
- A $1000 Professional Development Award
- A $1500 Travel Grant
- A scholarship to attend the next round of IBW
- The Capezio Most Exceptional Attitude Award
- The Bloch Most Outstanding Young Artist
Levels and prices:
Junior (7-9 yrs): 1:15-4:15pm daily: $198
Intermediate (10-12 yrs): 9:00am-1:00pm daily: $303
Senior (13+ yrs): 9:00am-4:15pm daily: $462
Payment plans also available.